Reader reviews and comments on The Night Circus, plus links to write your own review.

The Night Circus

by Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus

Sep 2011, 400 pages
    Jul 2012, 400 pages

There are currently 30 reader reviews for The Night Circus

Stephanie W. (Hudson, OH) (07/10/11)

Magical!
I loved this book! It drew me into its world from the beginning and has not let me go, even though I am finished. I feel like starting again at the beginning, just to remain in the world of the circus. Morgenstern has created a feast for the senses in her characters and their story. The two ongoing plotlines are not parallel and cause the reader to have to make jumps back and forth in time. (Keep track of the dates at the beginning of each chapter!) But even though it is confusing at first, it makes perfect sense overall. The insertion of descriptions of individual circus tents and acts told from the point of view of the reader help to make you feel as if you are visiting the Night Circus as well.
Ilyse B. (Howell, NJ) (07/08/11)

An Enchanting Story
I absolutely adored this book! "The Night Circus" is an enchanting, magical fairy tale. From the beginning you are transported to another time and place, and you will not want to leave. This is a story about love, destiny and magic and it is so beautifully written that I had to force myself to slow down and enjoy the writing instead of rushing ahead so that more of the story was revealed. All of the characters are wonderfully written, including the character of the circus itself. This is a story that you will not soon forget. An absolute pleasure to read.
Loren B. (Appleton, WI) (07/06/11)

surreal
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time! I wanted to read something different from my usual since I don't read much fantasy. I wasn't sure if this would hold my interest.

This book was beyond fantasy-it was more like a surreal dream that draws one deeper into its world with each chapter.

Highly recommended!
Power Reviewer Lani S. (Narberth, PA) (07/05/11)

A blockbuster
I predict that this book will be a smash hit. I was hooked from the first chapter and kept trying to find excuses to run away from other duties so I could snuggle up and drift away into this magic dreamworld. It is outstandingly visual and will translate wonderfully into film.Fans of Harry Potter should really adore the incredible cast of characters on a more sophisticated plane. The only downside is that I had to keep referring back to the previous chapters for dates as each chapter often skipped around in time..
Arleen L. (Carmel, New York) (07/02/11)

More Please
I find myself staring into space remembering parts of this wonderful book and not wanting to come back--I am far from young but I have never been to a circus, for one reason or another but have always been fascinated by all aspects-smells sights, sounds performers and audience-this book certainly whetted my desire to physically go. Ahhhh but is this about a circus--I think not--The Night Circus is just the wonderful vehicle provided for this splendid ride to a dimension not all can see.
This is a wonderful read- beautifully written with just the right amount of childlike wonder and adult emotion to keep the reader wanting more- Miss Morgenstern is truly a gifted author-as the Mad Hatter would say "Never lose your Muchness" Looking forward to the audio and movie version but even more so her future books.
Margaret (VT) (07/01/11)

Totally and completely entranced
Simply put, you couldn't possibly not want to visit the Night Circus. I was utterly besotted by this book. It twists. It turns. It demands attention be paid to the timeline. I felt aggrieved at having to close "The Night Circus" and periodically return to my everyday world. It is now the top title on my gift-giving list.

Stalin's Daughter
    The Romanovs
    by Simon Sebag Montefiore

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All