Reader reviews and comments on Galore, plus links to write your own review.

Galore

Jennifer Dawson Oakes

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Galore

J (05/20/11)

The circle of life
Would like to write this review without the usual adjectives but don't think it will be possible. What a treat, this read. I wanted to start over as soon as I finished. It has everything I like in a book - reality, magic, human tragedy, human perseverance, mystery, wisdom, strength, weakness - you name it, it has it.
Have one word of caution: Read it in book form. I read it on my Kindle and wished OFTEN that I had the genealogy chart in front of me. Will buy a book and read it again very soon. Look forward to reading Michael Crummey's next novel!
Dorian B. (05/10/11)

A Wonderful Escape
As I read this book I felt like I was sitting with the author listening to him tell the story. The story is unusual, a break from the ordinary, with characters that are strange yet made believable through their very human needs. I recommend this book for those that enjoy a well written book with depth.

The Mummers of Newfoundland

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review