Reader reviews and comments on Blood, Bones & Butter, plus links to write your own review.

Blood, Bones & Butter

Megan Shaffer

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Blood, Bones & Butter

Jean (01/15/14)

Well-written Book Not Just for Foodies
Ms. Hamilton's story caught me at the first page and took me through the many stages of her life and career. I love to read about cooking, but it is the stories of the people in her life that held me and continue to be in my head still. This book is a keeper.
Elisabeth (04/06/11)

Frenetic!
This book is fascinating, often in that train wreck sort of way. Gabrielle Hamilton is a terrific writer who tells her crazy life story in an unpretentious fashion. The frenetic pace and actions of Hamilton's life give the book the feel of The Glass Castle. I put off reading B,B&B for a while because I am not a true foodie. It did not matter; it's a great read whether you are into food or not.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review