Reader reviews and comments on Sunset Park, plus links to write your own review.

Sunset Park

Beverly Melven

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Sunset Park

Edwin (05/21/11)

Compelling
Like many of his previous books, this is about people who have lost their way and are trying to get their lives back on track. Sunset park doesn't deliver any large departures or surprises which makes it all the more probable. And this 'restrain' of Auster suits him. He's so good he sometimes shows off a bit too much perhaps. All of his work is impressive but I like him best when he keeps things 'simple and natural' like he does here (as with Invisible).
Cheryl Winter (11/20/10)

All over the place
I had such a hard time following where this story was going. I kept waiting for the story to tie together. Never happened and the book ended. I found nothing interesting about this book.

The Best Years of Our Lives

The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
    In the Country of Men
    by Hisham Matar
  • Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    Holding Up the Universe
    by Jennifer Niven

There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: