Reader reviews and comments on Sunset Park, plus links to write your own review.

Sunset Park

by Paul Auster

Sunset Park

Nov 2010, 320 pages
    Oct 2011, 320 pages

Beverly Melven

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Sunset Park

Edwin (05/21/11)

Like many of his previous books, this is about people who have lost their way and are trying to get their lives back on track. Sunset park doesn't deliver any large departures or surprises which makes it all the more probable. And this 'restrain' of Auster suits him. He's so good he sometimes shows off a bit too much perhaps. All of his work is impressive but I like him best when he keeps things 'simple and natural' like he does here (as with Invisible).
Cheryl Winter (11/20/10)

All over the place
I had such a hard time following where this story was going. I kept waiting for the story to tie together. Never happened and the book ended. I found nothing interesting about this book.

The Best Years of Our Lives

• Book Jacket: Hag-Seed
    by Margaret Atwood
    There's a scene in The Tempest that many critics have concluded is indicative of Shakespeare&#...
  • Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.