Reader reviews and comments on Mockingjay, plus links to write your own review.

Mockingjay

Amy Reading

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Mockingjay

Beth Cummings (09/09/10)

Young Adult Book Grabs Oldster
The Hunger Games series was intended for young adult readers. It was suggested to me by a young friend and I was happily surprised that the series was not "just" for the young. The series, and "Mockingjay" in particular cover a number of ethical issues that we all can understand - loyalty to family, remaining true to core values and knowing the difference between freedom and safety.
I enjoy the books very much, although "Mockingjay" was much sadder in parts than I expected.
Anna Lee (09/06/10)

Excellent but Sad
I am a HUGE fan of the Hunger Games and I have counted down the days until the final book, Mockingjay came out. This book was amazing but not at all what I thought it would be like. In the previous books we all know that a war is coming, and in Mockingjay it finally does happen. The war affects everyone drastically, sending many into death and to the point of almost going mad. And as always, Katniss has to choose between Peeta or Gale. (Don't worry, she does choose at the end of the book.) That is what really moved me, because I have always wanted her to chose him, and the way Collins writes it at the end of the book it perfect. This book is very good and worth five stars for the way Collins has wrote it. It is very realistic and people do die that you have met throughout the trilogy. If Mockingjay was a movie, it would be rated PG-13, so know that there is a lot of violence throughout the book. And with that said....... GO READ MOCKINGJAY!

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

It is a fact of life that any discourse...will always please if it is five minutes shorter than people expect

The Big Holiday Wordplay: