Reader reviews and comments on Juliet, plus links to write your own review.

by Anne Fortier

Juliet by Anne Fortier X
Juliet by Anne Fortier

Aug 2010, 464 pages
    Jul 2011, 464 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Juliet

Elizabeth (Lower Burrell, PA) (06/29/10)

Fantastic....Romeo and Juliet extraordinaire!!!
This book is outstanding...the storyline, the descriptions, the characters, and Italy.

I loved how the book went back and forth from the 1300's to the present day using the story of Romeo and Juliet as the main plot and how the main characters unraveled family and life-long will love the present-day characters Julie and Janice Jacobs, also known as Giulietta and Giannozza Tolomei.

I couldn't put it down. I loved "being in Italy" again, and could just see the buildings and all the quaintness of the country and the city of Siena. The web page Random House set up for the book adds to your interest because the pictures go along with the pages of the book.

I can't see how it wouldn't be is a book you won't want to miss. It has something for everyone...history, romance, mystery, betrayal, life in the 1300's in Italy, ancestors, middle-age family feuds, suspense, and a great author. Ms. Fortier did a superb job with her novel.

It is absolutely wonderful right up to the last page. You will not want it to end. What an extraordinary novel. ENJOY!!

The Appeal of Doomed Lovers

• Book Jacket: Educated
    by Tara Westover

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Sometimes I Lie
    by Alice Feeney

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!