Reader reviews and comments on Private Life, plus links to write your own review.

Private Life

Jennifer G Wilder

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Private Life

Buni Wells (04/18/11)

Tedious and Boring
I struggled for days to get through this book, thinking it would have a unique or wonderful ending since the entire book was so tedious and ridiculous... It did not. Though a much recommended book, I felt sure I was missing something and even reread some areas, finally realizing that it was just too far out and tedious, never really having a good plot or purpose, in my humble opinion.
Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (08/30/10)

Tedious reading
I found parts of this novel very tedious reading. I tried to follow the scientific theories, but couldn't, and eventually decided that it wasn't really necessary to understand them. Many of the characters are not engaging, but the story did keep me interested to the end, such as it is.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review