Reader reviews and comments on City of Dragons, plus links to write your own review.

City of Dragons

by Kelli Stanley

City of Dragons

Feb 2010, 352 pages
    Aug 2011, 352 pages

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for City of Dragons

Carrol Ann Smith (04/16/10)

Pure Fun
I stayed up until 4 in the morning to finish City of Dragons the first time I read it and enjoyed it so much I have already read it again, something I have never done before.
Kelli Stanley paints such vivid word pictures of 40s San Francisco that I easily imagined I was there, wandering through China Town, hopping on the street cars and climbing the hilly streets. I walked along with Miranda Corby, Private Investigator, and sat with her at her desk in her minuscule office.
The story line was intriguing and plausible, her characters real. I wanted the book to go on and am impatiently waiting for the next fascinating Miranda Corby, PI, tale from Kelli Stanley.

Hard-boiled vs. Noir

Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review