Reader reviews and comments on Heresy, plus links to write your own review.

Heresy

by S.J. Parris

Heresy by S.J. Parris

Feb 2010, 448 pages
    Feb 2011, 448 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Heresy

Power Reviewer Diana C. (Delray Beach, FL) (11/30/09)

Elizabethan Era Thriller
As a lover of all things Tudor and Elizabethan, I thoroughly enjoyed S.J. Parris' Heresy. The book follows monk and scientist Giordano Bruno as he is called to London on a secret mission at the behest of Sir Francis Walsingham. This mission becomes secondary to Bruno's inadvertent involvement and subsequent investigation of several murders at Oxford University. Rich with accurate period detail and multi-dimensional characters, Heresy is one for the bookshelves for lovers of English historical fiction.
Mary R. (Eagan, Minnesota) (11/29/09)

Heresy by S.J. Parris
Heresy by Parris is enticing and layered. This is a great book club book! The ending was not at all what I expected and the murderer was not even on my radar. This is a book that brought up questions about politics and religion, love and betrayal, and right and wrong. I kept thinking about how this book relates to today and how people are still fighting about religion. Reading Heresy made me interested in researching more about Giordano Bruno - a complex man who finally met his end at the hands of the Inquisition.

Giordano Bruno

• Book Jacket: Happiness
    Happiness
    by Heather Harpham
    Of the 53 reviews submitted for Happiness, 49 readers rated it a four- or five-star book for an ...
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal
  • Book Jacket: New People
    New People
    by Danzy Senna

Little Nothing by Marisa Silver

A stunning, provocative new novel from New York Times bestselling author Marisa Silver

The Heart's Invisible Furies