Reader reviews and comments on Summertime, plus links to write your own review.

Summertime

Micah Gell-Redman

There is 1 reader review for Summertime

Bonnie Brody (02/24/10)

Biography of a Living Writer - Supposedly Written After His Death
This is a wonderful book. John Coetzee writes a 'biography' of himself that supposedly has been written after his death. The biographer interviews family members, old lovers and colleagues of Coetzee. What comes out repeatedly is that Coetzee was a bland man, asexual and seemingly without ambition. The big question that comes to mind while reading this book is how can it be possible to evaluate the artist separately from his art? I truly loved this book and give it my highest recommendation.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: