Reader reviews and comments on Sarah's Key, plus links to write your own review.

by Tatiana de Rosnay

Jun 2007, 304 pages
    Sep 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Sarah's Key

Kaylaa (: (03/21/11)

Ohhmygoooosh.
Oh, my! There are so many words to describe this book .I love this book & I will recommend it for anyone. I hope who ever sees this reads it & enjoys it ! :D.
Annie (11/17/10)

AMAZING!!!
I started this book while in the bookstore and could not put it done. It was amazing and addicting. I finished this book in two days due to its addicting contents. I now am researching the Vel d' Hiv. This upcoming summer I am traveling to Paris and hope to see these sites of this horrific event.
Barbara Roberts (11/04/10)

Sarah's Key was required reading.
I'm so glad. My book club selection brought groans when I read the back cover. Anguish. The hardest historical period for me is during the Holocaust. I sat down with the book and swallowed hard, dived into the first chapter, and was intoxicated by the plot and Tatiana de Rosnay's beautiful writing style. She pulled me into the depth of human tragedy and mercifully let me surface for a chapter while I got a whiff of modern Paris. Then she plunged me under again, and let me experience an innocent's look at the prism of horror that was Nazism, evil beyond imagining. The author's passion for both justice and mercy blended Julia's persona with the reader's as we waited to learn the fate of the heroine, Sarah. Ironically, she who lived died a thousand deaths of fear and haunting in her young life. I was so relieved that Julia salvaged the best part of Sarah and of herself.
Pebblez (11/02/10)

Sarah's Story
This book was the most touching book I have read. The whole concept of it was amazing. Anyone who has a choice to read this or Twilight please read Sarah's Key. I am 13 and I loved this book but I couldn't help but cry at most of the parts. This book is perfect for all ages and I recommend this for everyone. Everyone should hear Sarah's story. We should learn more about our past even if it is embarrassing to some. May Sarah Starzynski live forever!
Gail Lowe (10/21/10)

Burned the midnight oil
As an author, I'm always on the hunt for page-turners that I can sink my teeth into. Sarah's Key certainly qualifies. When I went to Paris in 1998, I knew that Hitler's men army had marched down the Champs Elysees but had no idea that a roundup of Jews had occurred. I loved reading the different perspectives of both Julia and Sarah -- each of their stories was riveting in different ways -- but what kept coming back to me again and again was one unanswered question: why did Julia's parents allow their 4-year-old son to be left behind? Gail Lowe, Author of Former Things
Rebel (10/04/10)

Sarah's Key
This book was amazing, once I started reading I couldn't put the book down, and since being a high school senior, time is rarely there and I was so surprised that it kept my attention. It's an outstanding book.
Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (06/18/10)

Really 4 and a half
I learned something about the Holocaust that I had never heard of before: the Vel' d'Hiv' of France in July, 1942. The author has balanced the story of that horrible event with a modern day tale that kept me engrossed. I felt the ending was weak, as it lacked a clear resolution of the main character's inner search, but this novel deserves attention. It is definitely a good book club choice.
Elaine (03/21/10)

Why?
I thought this so well told and so compelling. However, the explanation of why she did not contact her adopted parents who saved her life was lacking. She might have not wanted her family not to know her background but she could have contacted them and explained her feelings and could have thanked them for saving her.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

This Must Be the Place