Reader reviews and comments on Dangerous Games, plus links to write your own review.

Dangerous Games

The Uses and Abuses of History

by Margaret MacMillan

Dangerous Games

Jul 2009, 208 pages
    Jul 2010, 208 pages

Derek Brown

There is 1 reader review for Dangerous Games

WIU College Student (11/15/10)

Frustrated!!!!!!
First of all, I would like for all persons reading this to understand my situation. I am an undeclared freshman in college. I am enrolled on basic classes. One particular class is Western civilization since 1648. For this class, "Dangerous Games" by by Margaret MacMillan is a book used in class. History does not stick in my head. History is boring to me. For the past few hours, I have been trying to bring myself to read this book. I cannot achieve it. I have to write a three page essay about this book and I am getting so frustrated to the point of not even wanting to be in college. As I attempt to read this book, I notice that in just about every paragraph includes a different event from history. I know nothing about history, therefore I do not understand what she is saying. Like I stated in the beginning, history does not stick and this book is breaking me down. I have made three phone calls. I stopped making the phone calls because I realized that this all starts with my reading of the book and I can not get into or understand this book. I hate it and I am very frustrated with it and more than likely will just give up!!!

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review