Reader reviews and comments on Wintergirls, plus links to write your own review.

by Laurie Halse Anderson

Mar 2009, 288 pages
    Mar 2010, 288 pages

Vy Armour

There are currently 12 reader reviews for Wintergirls

Brianna (09/22/10)

A Read for All Ages
When I picked it up - I honestly didn't know what to expect. I'm not exactly the greatest at the symbolism thing. Once I figured out the numbers meant calories it clicked!

I read the book from beginning to end. Never put it down once. Heart touching and emotional. Laurie uses words that literally make you visualize what is happening.

The scale. The hospital.

Excellent read - in my opinion.
Anonymous (08/18/10)

:/ it was ok...
This book was semi-difficult to get through. I finally got through it on my second try. My first try I read the first few chapters and my second was for summer reading so I was kind of obligated. It had a good story line but it wasn't really for me.
Ciara (04/29/10)

Overall this book was amazing, it was very breath taking. & I completely understand where Lia is coming from throughout the book.
Annie Vaudrin (04/14/10)

This was the best book i have ever read! I finished it in 2 days and I loved it! It was sad at some parts but other then that I would recommend this book to everyone I know!

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.