Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called It

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 266 reader reviews for A Child Called It

mm (11/28/10)

My feelings toward this book.
Wow, this is an very emotional life for a boy. When I picked up this book it was hard to put down. I felt emotional sorrow for him (David). In this book it talked about his mother and him, beating him. At times I wonder why his mother hurt him, what did he do?
melissa (11/23/10)

A child called it Review
I LOVE this book when i read the book i cried 3 times i loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Anna Fogarty (11/11/10)

how great i think you are Dave,x
I read your first 3 books and I found myself searching for answers for you and I could see through the eyes of a hurting child thanks to you. As a mother you enhanced my awareness of how vulnerable we all are and not to underestimate what anyone is capable of doing and the sanctuary of inner strength. Your power to forgive and lack of self-pity and choice of life partner and son has made you the man you are today and a pat on the back for you. I would like to hear from you sometime.
Greetings from Ireland, Anna x x x
Daniela (09/28/10)

the child call it and the lost boy
I love both of these books. I can relate to the Child Called It the most. I'm so glad he keep trying for survivable and didn't give up even when he wanted to and I'm glad cps didn't give up on him either. This book has touched my soul in so many different ways. I didn't believe what he has gone through in his live. Many other children might be going through the same and don't even realize it, but somebody is out there to help you no matter what.
sjames (09/21/10)

a child called it the lost boy a man named dave
I love this book I could put it down. I read all the books and just found out his brother has a book too. Can't wait to read that one too.
jenny (09/20/10)

a child called it
When I first found this book I felt like if was gonna be a interesting book. When I began to read I began to feel bad for this young kid. I was so thankful that God gave me parents that love me and that feed me. But I wanted to help this kid out because no-one should be treated wrong.
Candace (09/20/10)

childed called it
When I read this book I was so sad for you. I'm glade that I don't have a sick mother like you. I'M SO SORRY that is mother did that to you. I hope You have a BETTER life now THAN WHAT YOU DID...SORRY.....

CANDACE
cynthia (09/10/10)

a child called "It"
This book is very sad. I am so grateful for my parents loving me. They give me everything and I'm glad that they don't abuse me. My parents did foster care and I was very lucky to see how some kids are treated. This book was given to me by a friend to show me how some kids so young are treated. Me and my friends cried while reading this book. " So don't take things for granted".

• Book Jacket: Commonwealth

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review