Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called It

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Al (04/13/14)

Good
Great read. Highly suggest it. Couldn't set the book down once I picked it up.
kitty (03/14/14)

sad
I read the entire book in 2 days it was so hard to put down and I cried about 10 times :(
Bailey Renee (12/18/13)

OMG 3
AWESOMEE book. AWESOME. it was soo sad and showed me you should never take your life for granted.. ever. Everyone should read this book. Yes, it's sad... but it shows you how some peoples life are. I just want to ask the parents WHY. WHY the heck would you do that? how cruel. I don't read books.. but... this book was DEF worth reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brianna and tianna (09/04/13)

a child called it
I loved the book. It was amazing.. When I started reading page one it made me wanna keep reading. It is sad but interesting.
egypt wshum (05/30/13)

the boy called it
To be honest I was never a reader but this book made me want to start reading. This is just sad, what happened to this little boy, and I'm glad he overcame this crazy thing.
dymon (04/03/13)

why
I have see this book everywhere in my school, thinking it was just a book, but when I finally got to reading the book I got sucked into it. The way the mother was it just hurt me. He was such a strong boy; I don't know if he is still alive but if he was I wish I could meet him, plus I mostly blame the Dad for getting the Mom into it all and leaving the kid when he knew what was happening. I love the book and if I could meet him I would kiss and hug him. btw im 12
Madeline (11/12/12)

Awesome better than better
Best book I've ever read.
Krystal Webb (10/22/12)

thetrue courage and faith he had in his youth
I just cant believe that it happened to him....he was just a small young boy.....its soooo sad I wish I could have been there to help him even though I'm only 14:/ awww I just want to cry and help him... at least that he got out of that mess...I just want to go to that woman and ask her why the heck she abused that boy! The faith he had through all that beating shows that he is such a strong person inside and out. I'm so happy that he is such an awesome person and has a lot of faith and courage and has God. I just loved the book it made me cry and cry and then get mad but at the end he showed her he has such a strong personality (:

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P