Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 266 reader reviews for A Child Called It

sammy (06/01/10)

omg love this book...this is a book that i read when I think my life is makes me realize that yeah, things may be bad, but there not as bad as they could be!!
shonna (05/27/10)

sad story
This book is very sad, but very good. If I get the chance I will read it over - you should too!
Simone (05/21/10)

I am a 13 year old, and this book touched me like no other!! I cried, I smiled, and I even screamed! This book is like no other! It's warming, sweet, astonishing, and sad! I thank God every day for giving me a wonderful mother to depend on!! I ALSO WISH DAVE PELZER A WONDERFUL HAPPY LIFE!!
Yesenia (05/17/10)

A Child Called It
I thought this book was amazing because how he suffered was really astonishing. I am wondering if his mother felt ashamed of how she treated Dave?
a girl (05/14/10)

I have read this book. it was heart touching and very sad. Why didn't she go to jail? I mean she deserved it.
MARIA L. CANO (05/06/10)

A child called It
This has been the most greatest book of all time. I have never loved a book so much like this one. It let me realize that no matter how kids are they will always be kids and no one has the right to mistreat them. I cried and cried throughout the book. I recommended a lot, I could say I am not much of a reader but this is a great book. Bless your heart for telling us your story. Because of this I never hit my kids. I do put them in time out but I don't believe in miss treating them.;

Jessica Wright (04/22/10)

Love of Christ
Just finished both books - "A Child Called "It" and "The Lost boy". Couldn't put them down.

How wonderful that David not only survived but became such a wonderful. caring person.

The thing that touched me most was that no matter how badly he was treated by mother or father, he always forgave them and craved their love. Talk about having the "love of Christ", he certainly does.
elizabeth hendricks (04/20/10)

what i think
This book is emotional and really good get allows the reader to fully grasp the real world of abuse. the author did endure a lot in his childhood but overcame abuse to become a leader and activist of child abuse.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.