Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for A Child Called It

cynthia (09/10/10)

a child called "It"
This book is very sad. I am so grateful for my parents loving me. They give me everything and I'm glad that they don't abuse me. My parents did foster care and I was very lucky to see how some kids are treated. This book was given to me by a friend to show me how some kids so young are treated. Me and my friends cried while reading this book. " So don't take things for granted".
Mollie Parker (09/06/10)

The Child Called It
When I read this book I fault like I was so Lucky to have the life I have and the food I eat. But at the same time I was thinking what if I didn't and I was just like that little boy. When I would think about this I would start to cry and wonder how many kids are getting abused right now over half the world I believe..
Kountz (09/02/10)

A Miracle
Really sad story. I can only say thanks for what I have and never forget that someone might need a helping hand.
t-t (08/28/10)

awesome book
Wow..this book is extremely sad..I cried reading it at the bookstore and didn't care who saw me. It's just atrocious what he had to go through and I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for someone who survived all that he went through. He's a man made of iron and many, many others could've never survived what he did..just amazing!
Peyton (08/28/10)

The best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really loved it, it was very inspirational. It makes me feel like anything can come true. and that you should never give up on dreams to become loved again.
All praise Dave Pelzer
sam (08/24/10)

it
I just love this book. English is also simple and we can easily understand the meanings,the way the writer has written it makes us cry and shocks us. I cried while reading this book. A must read.
Kylie (08/19/10)

Amazing
I read this book and I was so touched! I'm only 11 and I couldn't believe what this child went through! I'm gonna re-read this sometime soon, but people that think that their life sucks, need to read this book.
crazy chick (08/18/10)

A Child Called It
i have to give this book a 5 because it was soooo good. I don't rlly read a lot, but I had to read this for a project in school and could not put it down! I cried, I smiled, I gasped, just like I'm sure everyone else who read it did. this was an amazing book. I am really sorry for Dave and I'm glad he followed his dreams and joined the Air Force!! For those who liked this book you should read the sequel!

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live

The Big Holiday Wordplay: