Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

LeiAnn Richmond (05/04/17)

Awesome and heat touching
This book had me in tears when I read the first page!!! It was so true and heart breaking!! This story made me feel like I was in the David Plezer's life and feeling the pain that he was feeling. It was probably hard to open up about but I would convince you to read this book.
Sosefina Lealai (03/04/17)

Inspirational and
This Book Is Just Unbelievable. This Book Is So Touching And I Admire It. In Somewhat Way, I Can Actually Relate To Dave Pelzer's Story. My Parents Weren't So Much Like That. Instead, It Was My Parents Family Who Treated Me As If I Wasn't A Human Being, As If I Was An "It". But Even With That Happening In My Past, This Book, Dave Pelzer, Has Showed Me How To Appreciate Things In Life And How To Take Every Little Single Thing For Granted. I Use To Be The Type Of Girl Who Would Blame Myself For My Past, Who Would Be Picky On The Food I Eat, Who Would Argue With My Siblings. But After Encountering This Book, All Of That, Has Changed. I'm More Loving And Appreciative And I Thank This Book And Dave Pelzer For That. I Hope In The Future, There Can Be More Inspiring Books/Stories Like " The Boy Called It ". Thank You For A Phenomenal And Overwhelming Book.
Selene (11/26/16)

The child called it
Love it
kathy walsh (08/18/16)

Sad
This book was very good unfortunately was very upsetting. How anyone could do what this child went through?
Stephanie (04/13/16)

my review
This book is really sad. I can imagine going through some things the little kid when through but not all. I don't get how he could even survive. I would of just left the mom and ran away to find the dad. Or just go with aunts and uncles cuz the dad didn't even try and help he just left.. just like everyone else..??
Jennifer K (03/21/16)

A Child Called It
I read this book and the other two in the trilogy. This first of the three is an amazing first-hand account of the survival of a little boy trying to grow up with a sick and twisted mother, with no relief in sight. I cried through much of it, while seeing it through his eyes. Amazing that he grew up at all, let alone the good man he became. Love this book!
Bannessa (10/16/15)

Couldn't put it down.

• Book Jacket: The Leavers
    The Leavers
    by Lisa Ko

The day before Deming Guo saw his mother for the last time, she surprised him at school. A navy ...

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R