Reader reviews and comments on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, plus links to write your own review.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

by Stieg Larsson

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Sep 2008, 480 pages
    Jun 2009, 480 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 48 reader reviews for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Jeanie (01/20/15)

Great read...depends who u r
This book is absolutely amazing! If you are a crime junkie you will love it. I am a tenth grader and read it. A lot of people told me that they thought it was really weird and that they did not like it. I honestly believe that they judged it solely based on the sexual content. The first 100 pages are pretty slow almost like a Stephen king novel but after that you literally can't put it down!!:) i would recommend this book to any crime junkie but only if they can handle the law and order: svu intensity if you know what I mean. Great book 15/10 hands down one of the best
Allison Box (11/14/12)

Great Read
After reading the first chapter, I was skeptical that it would speed up, or that I would like it. But after the first chapter, I was hooked. I could not put it down until I finished it. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves crime stories. I will definitely be finishing the trilogy.
Katie (10/31/12)

Love it when women fight back....
This book was 100 times better than the movie. I think most people who read the series will agree to that. It is a must read. It reminds me of the book THAT GIRL STARTED HER OWN COUNTRY by Holy Ghost Writer. If you love this type of spy, thriller with a strong female lead then this is your MUST READ book. The female lead is strong, powerful and proves you can only take so much before you fight back. Love both books and highly recommend them!
sahara (03/26/12)

Honestly, I think the book was way better than the movie. The setting, mystery, and conclusion was very well executed. I think however, if the book was shorter, perhaps it wouldn't be hard to read. I think the book was actually really entertaining, the girl with the dragon tattoo did an amazing job on her part. My favorite part was when they found the killer.
Barrett Nelson (03/23/12)

Know before U read!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Larsson basically wrote one book. Sure, the first stands alone, but the next two are just a continuation of the first. ESPECIALLY read With Fire before Hornets Nest. It is really ONE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
FrankJoseph (12/22/11)

Astonishing! Well-written classic. Swedes be proud!
As an American, the locations, and references took some effort to forge through, but the crux was the inevitable meeting between two strong characters; the girl (with the dragon tattoo!) and Blomkvist. The prologue with Vanger and his obsession with the disappearance of Harriet and the the flowers received year after torturing year, was an instant hook.

How could anyone not be entangled with this web of corporate family deceipt, mystery and a tattooed rebel iconic hacker?

Instantly emphatic, you root, both for the truth and the bond between these two, because of their unique abilities to seek it out, and their relationship with relationships!

At times they realize too much about themselves and the case they were hired for, but ultimately the better for it.

This book and I'm sure its sequels, are well worth the time invested. Outstanding discovery on my part! But this reader highly recommends you absorb "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".

It will never leave you. A true classic.
LittlePetal (11/05/11)

Exceptionally magnificant
I have to say that Millenium Trilogy has truly transformed my perception of crime fiction forever. Larsson did possess a reason to write the series, and the most brilliant novelist he was and forevermore he will be remembered in time. Mesmorising characters in its own originality and a sensational plot twisted for dramatic effect, it's these ingredients that captured my heart for the Trilogy. I don't care if it's Eva or Larsson's brothers writing the next books, just get the damn Trilogy out now!!!
mike c (01/22/11)

Swedish Mystery
If you want to read a book where you are thinking, "Holy crap, what's going to happen next?", this will fill the bill. Lizabeth Salander is a ball of fire, and you will find yourself rooting for her succeess and survival. You will be introduced to Swedish geography and taken to many locations in the Swedish countryside. There exists underlying themes of sexual violence and political corruption, but you can accept it as a starting premise, then get lost in the mystery, intrigue and adventure that Steig Larson masterfully weaves to maintain your attention and tell the story of Lizbeth Salander.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.