Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 241 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Martin (05/05/16)

The best book ever
This book is the best book ever.
Andrea Bogart (12/13/11)

The Lost Boy
The Lost Boy is a very sad story about a young boy that got very badly abused by his mother. I really enjoyed reading about the authors life. But what I didn't enjoy was the way his mother treated him. I don't understand how a mother can hurt her own flesh & blood. I can't believe she burned him, stabbed him, & stuck him in a room of fumes. He went through hell for years. But finally, later on in his life; he got saved. He finally went into foster care. I was relieved to hear that. Because I wouldn't want to read anymore about him get brutally hurt by his OWN MOTHER. He had tough times in foster care. But most kids do. I'm glad to know that he got a new life, a new start, & a new caring family. Dave didn't deserve what he got from his mother. He seems like such a smart kid. But his mother just didn't realize that. This book was wonderful. & I would want many people to read this so they can realize that child abuse is real & so dangerous & COMMON!
VBALLER (03/10/11)

Inspirational
This book really touches the heart about on boys journey to make it through the tough times. Dave Pelzer is telling a story that will get through to millions and just make you sit and think for awhile. Reading this book will change your perspective in life. You will ask yourself, "Who do I want to be?" All I can say is well done, well done.
monkey (01/06/11)

the lost boy
This book is sad,but also a very interesting and intriguing book I have read. If it wasn't for my friend I would have never thought about reading these books. I am glad I read them though.
Books (11/12/10)

GREAT
These is a sad book, but one of the best books I have ever read! I would recomend this book to any one!
Book worm (10/19/10)

The lost boy
This is one of the best but yet one of the saddest books as well. As a mom I wouldn't ever be able to do any of those things to my kids. Dave Pelzer is the most brave person I have ever known and that won't stop him from doing anything.
BaByCaKeS (03/17/10)

The lost boy
Its very sad. If you read this book you would cry.
Wes (02/25/10)

Sad but True
This series of books is awesome. People do not realize (or want to realize) the abuse that happens in seemingly "good" homes. Great writing, kept me spellbound. Also read this authors other books....very talented.

• Book Jacket: The Water Will Come
    The Water Will Come
    by Jeff Goodell
    Standing in a Manhattan neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy, Jeff Goodell, a contributing editor at ...
    Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

Our Lady of the Prairie
    by Thisbe Nissen

A razor-sharp freight train barreling through the heart of the land and the land of the heart.

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Win Mothers of Sparta