MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

A Story of Triumph and Foregiveness

by Dave Pelzer

A Man Named Dave

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

Tiffany (06/09/03)

The book was good.... I just feel so bad for him... God bless you dave
KRISS S. (05/29/03)

I THOUGHT THAY ALL OF DAVE PELZER BOOKS WERE GREAT I COULDNT PUT IT DOWN ,I FINISHED A CHILD CALLED IT THE FIRST DAY THAY I HAD GOTTEN IT NOW I AM ABOUT TO GET ALL OF HIS BOOKS .THAT BOOK IS THE #1 MOST LIFE TOUCHING STORY THAT I EVER READ IT WAS SO SAD HOW HE WENT THROUGH ALL OF THAT AND STILL SURVIVED.GOD BLESS YOU DAVE AND YOUR FAMILY.
Jennifer Ellis (05/16/03)

iIreally liked all three of these books they were great. I"m just sorry for what Dave had to go through.
BILLIE JO (05/15/03)

I THOUGHT THE BOOK WAS AMAZING IT WAS LIFE CHANGING I NEVER THINK THAT I GET TREATED BAD I GET TREATED GREAT COPARED TO HIM
Brian (05/04/03)

This is one of the most insipring most toughing books I have ever read. This is an amazing book, but it is sad how he was treated. Dave's writing is excellent. I liked this book so much I had to but myself a copy!!!
Emily (05/01/03)

Dave Pelzer gives you hope! He shows you that your life is not so hard. He shows you that you never should give up and always stay close to god becuase in the end he will be the only one there for you!
Jennifer Litecky (04/23/03)

Dear Dave~
I thought your books are very inspiring. It is hard to belive one can have a good heart, including a forgiving one. You show true forgiveness, and true compassion. You amaze me, and many others. I congratulate you for stoping the cycle, and to prove that good things can come out of bad situations. I am gald that you are able to share your stories with the rest of the world. Thanks for inspiring me!
Jennifer Litecky
Serena Carter (04/22/03)

Hello Dave.. You are a true blessing and you inspire me to go on with life im in foster-care im 17 years of age almost 18 in september.ive been in care four 15 years going on 16. i kn ow how it feels to get beat and abuse i was kin d of in the same position as you. my foster mother ran over me with her car she tried to poison me and when i read your story it made me cry.

• Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...
  • Book Jacket: The Association of Small Bombs
    The Association of Small Bombs
    by Karan Mahajan
    The Association of Small Bombs is a fictional story that revolves around an actual 1996 car bombing ...

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun