Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

Tiffany (06/09/03)

The book was good.... I just feel so bad for him... God bless you dave
KRISS S. (05/29/03)

I THOUGHT THAY ALL OF DAVE PELZER BOOKS WERE GREAT I COULDNT PUT IT DOWN ,I FINISHED A CHILD CALLED IT THE FIRST DAY THAY I HAD GOTTEN IT NOW I AM ABOUT TO GET ALL OF HIS BOOKS .THAT BOOK IS THE #1 MOST LIFE TOUCHING STORY THAT I EVER READ IT WAS SO SAD HOW HE WENT THROUGH ALL OF THAT AND STILL SURVIVED.GOD BLESS YOU DAVE AND YOUR FAMILY.
Jennifer Ellis (05/16/03)

iIreally liked all three of these books they were great. I"m just sorry for what Dave had to go through.
BILLIE JO (05/15/03)

I THOUGHT THE BOOK WAS AMAZING IT WAS LIFE CHANGING I NEVER THINK THAT I GET TREATED BAD I GET TREATED GREAT COPARED TO HIM
Brian (05/04/03)

This is one of the most insipring most toughing books I have ever read. This is an amazing book, but it is sad how he was treated. Dave's writing is excellent. I liked this book so much I had to but myself a copy!!!
Emily (05/01/03)

Dave Pelzer gives you hope! He shows you that your life is not so hard. He shows you that you never should give up and always stay close to god becuase in the end he will be the only one there for you!
Jennifer Litecky (04/23/03)

Dear Dave~
I thought your books are very inspiring. It is hard to belive one can have a good heart, including a forgiving one. You show true forgiveness, and true compassion. You amaze me, and many others. I congratulate you for stoping the cycle, and to prove that good things can come out of bad situations. I am gald that you are able to share your stories with the rest of the world. Thanks for inspiring me!
Jennifer Litecky
Serena Carter (04/22/03)

Hello Dave.. You are a true blessing and you inspire me to go on with life im in foster-care im 17 years of age almost 18 in september.ive been in care four 15 years going on 16. i kn ow how it feels to get beat and abuse i was kin d of in the same position as you. my foster mother ran over me with her car she tried to poison me and when i read your story it made me cry.

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund