Reader reviews and comments on The Witch's Trinity, plus links to write your own review.

The Witch's Trinity

by Erika Mailman

The Witch's Trinity

Sep 2007, 288 pages
    Oct 2008, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Witch's Trinity

Vicki McReynolds (10/19/08)

Chilling and Moving
I finished this remarkable little book in one sitting. Narrated by a poor elderly woman in the Middle Ages, this distinctive voice of Gude, as much as the story itself, offers a window to a not so long ago word world where pagan and early Christian mythologies compete for hearts and minds challenged by ignorance and starvation. The characters are knowable and memorable and the story-telling is well-paced, suspenseful and engaging. I hope that this author keeps writing as her gift is rare.
Cyndy (10/11/07)

Bewitchingly Good Read
A dark and unsettling tale of women living in a time when paganism and the Church ran the lives of the villages and villagers. Imagine being accused of the cause of failed crops, soured milk or infertility on the basis of one neighbor's spiteful accusation. Gude Mueller, who has outlived most of her peers, cannot determine if her aging mind is playing tricks on her or if she has indeed cavorted with the devil (who has the face of her deceased husband) and signed the devil's book. Others will decide for her. Millman's descriptions of witchcraft, the trials and the punishments meted out are Gothic and chilling. I couldn't put the book down, wanting to learn of Gude's fate.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review