Reader reviews and comments on Before I Die, plus links to write your own review.

by Jenny Downham

Sep 2007, 336 pages
    May 2009, 336 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Before I Die

fionadoyle (06/23/10)

blatant voyeurism
I hated this book and it left me depressed not uplifted as previous reviews had promised? Who wants to hear the dying thoughts of a sick young girl, frightened and angry? It was terrifying and only a voyeuristic reader would enjoy this horrible viewpoint. The ending was almost macabre. Don't read this if you are ill or know anyone who is, please.
Afton (02/24/10)

Review
This is a good book! Kinda disturbing at some parts, but overall, its a very good book! Inspiring (:
My teacher read it to the class and it was off the chang!
Laura-Jane (11/18/09)

Emotional, Touching, Amazing
I read this book in a few hours- couldn't put it down. I had many tears whilst reading it but thought it was a fantastic eye-opening story. It really makes me as a teenager, feel lucky to be healthy and alive. This book has made me realize the importance in life, definitely not a story I'll ever forget.
Leah (10/27/09)

Before I Die
I think this book was amazing. The detail and effort put into it was incredible. I would recommend it to anybody. Jenny Downham is definitely a fantastic writer. At the beginning, it is a bit disgusting, but after the second or third chapter it is great. The last page or two is so sad. I cried a lot, but I believe that if the book was not so good, I would have never cried. It was amazing.
Damianna (10/22/09)

Before I Die
This book will touch your heart from he first words in the first page. Too graphical to let you get into Tess, what she feels what she thinks. This story will make you realise there are more obstacles through life than those that you find hard.
Jade (05/02/09)

Before I die
When I walked into Waterstones, I never dreamed that i would find a book with such emotion. Before I die, has to be the best book that I have ever read, and I would recommend it to anybody. I have passed it on to all of my friends, and I myself have read it 3 times... YES it really is that good!!!
You will definitely need a large box of tissues for this read. I cried like a baby! I think Jenny Downham really captures what it must be like to be dying at such a young age, with so much left to do.
Even though it really is heart wrenching, you really should read it. a brilliant novel :D
melissa (05/01/09)

BEFORE I DIE....
Well, I loved this book, I guess it was good and I actually found myself about to cry while I read it. The ending it was so sad. I wished it had a better ending but it is still a good book! IT MADE ME SAD:-(
Jerry King (04/29/09)

Hold back your tears...
For Before I die is possibly one of the most emotional books that you may ever read. While struggling with leukemia, Tessa Scott tries to live the normal life of a teenager and writes a list of things she wants to do before she dies. Number 1 being sex.

Jenny Downham brings a clogged up throat and a tear to every readers eye while you hope and wish that this young woman survives something that nobody should ever have to experience, a painful goodbye to the world.

One Month Free Membership