Reader reviews and comments on Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

Sep 1996, 360 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

Meg
I thought that Angela's Ashes was an amazing autobiography that i completely related to. Not related so much to the poverty, more of the distress and endless sad memories of my own childhood. Being from Long Island or even America, there was a ton of racism against me being Irish and all. I even saw the movie which kept me laughing and crying the entire time!:)

Candice
Angela's Ashes is a novel unlike any others I have read. Not only does it keep you wanting more, but brings out your every emotion. Frank McCourt is a truly wonderful author that makes you feel as though you are sharing his experiences right along with him.

Vix
I found it amazing how he remembers such small details of his childhood!!! It is amazing in my opinion.

Nancy
This book really got me thinking. McCourt really made me realize that we cannot live by our greed for materials. The whole time I felt that I was there with Frank, struggling. I laughed, I cried, I did the whole bit. Great Book!!!

Mike S
God, this book is perverted. I don't need to know about looking at naked sister and masturbation, you sick dog. What the hell do I need to know that? and what **** if this Christian kid who's a homo doing in it? Really Frank, this book does not need to be part of our lives to pleasure yourself. Sincerely, Mike

Brian Harrington
As I picked up this book, I was suddenly captivated by it's vivid descriptions. Frank McCourt sets up each scene in detail so that, by the middle of the book, you can actually feel the spirit of Ireland moving over you. McCourt's descriptions show the fear of destitution and poverty and then encourage happiness and confidence as we watch the resiliency of the human spirit.

Marrium
I was told by my cousin that Angela's Ashes was an inspirational book. It shows how one's hopes and dreams can become a reality with hard work and endurance. When I read this book I was intrigued, depressed, sad and mad by the actions of certain people in the book especially Malachy (father). This book has taught me to reach for my goals and dreams. It was truly wonderful.

Emily
I loved this book! It was totally moving and captivating. McCourt brings his story alive.

• Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E