Reader reviews and comments on Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

Sep 1996, 360 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 88 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

Kate (03/25/04)

This book is absolutely beautiful. It shows just how strong the human will can be. Not only does the author describe the imagery, but he pulls us all into the story, creating something truly remarkable.
rdemarco (12/09/03)

This is a very good book, the story is very simple and ordinary, but the author manages to make you be completely involved with his story and with the desire to know how it ends.
Taylor (11/21/03)

This book is spectacularly written. It is amazing that Frank survived his childhood let alone be able to share it with the world. It is amazing how poverty stricken his family was and this has opened my eyes immensely.
Anonymous (11/12/03)

May be I will be the one but I've just keep reading the book in order to improve my English.... Sorry, but I've found it boring and lots of words to say nothing.

I'd never recommend it!
jemale (11/05/03)

The author wrote an sense grabbbing novel. In the beginning the I had no choice but to continue reading it. Towards the middle I felt like the book could only get worse because the first chapters were so well written.
Divine Diva J (10/30/03)

Awesome there are not enough words in the English Dictionary to describe how radiant this book is
sam (10/26/03)

great book! i would recommend it to anyone who loves books that make you feel like you are in the story!
Tasha (10/23/03)

McCourt created a masterpiece with Angela's Ashes. I felt as if I, too, were living in the lanes of of Limerick with only bread and tea. This book has been out for some time now and many had reccomened that I read it sooner, and now that I have I feel enlightened. I feel selfish for I have known no sorrow like Frank and his family,even though I feel as though I lived it with him. Thank you Frank McCourt for this story filled with humor and sadness and for making me realize how truly blessed I am.

• Book Jacket: The Water Will Come
    The Water Will Come
    by Jeff Goodell
    Standing in a Manhattan neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy, Jeff Goodell, a contributing editor at ...
    Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

Our Lady of the Prairie
    by Thisbe Nissen

A razor-sharp freight train barreling through the heart of the land and the land of the heart.

Win Mothers of Sparta