Reader reviews and comments on Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

A Memoir

by Frank McCourt

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

Sep 1996, 360 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 88 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

senior05 (10/25/04)

This book shows you exactly what life was like in the 1930's. It is great for summer reading or for any one who has to do a college or high school senior English report. I highly recomend this book to everyone.
box_monkey (09/27/04)

it was really good and so was 'Tis [the next book in the series] but the only annoying thing was that it didn't have quotation marks... and to answer Michele's question i dont think its the fire thing ... read 'Tis and you'll get it
ticeeblue (09/12/04)

this was a good book, but i honestly didn't like the way things started when he came to america....

but hey, it's not my life!
Pippa (08/31/04)

This book is one of the best of ever read. I'll cherish it forever.

In response to Michele's question:

Frankie's mum stares of into the ashes of the fire whenever she's really upset.
Michele (07/07/04)

i immensely enjoyed this book but am having difficulty understanding the relationship of the title to the book. Any thoughts?
CaseyBlue (06/15/04)

I think that this was am awesome book to read. I even read it 3 times in a row and did a project on it for school and everyone who heard about the book in my class from me thought that it sounded really good. My whole family has read it at least a couple times each and even though I am only in grade ten, I still will enjoy the book for the rest of my life!
Hugh G Rection (05/28/04)

This book was good, but kind of hard to get into in the beggining. It was fun to read about the life of the young Frank McCourt growing up in Ireland. I recomend it for people in there late teens to whenever.
Frankie (04/19/04)

I love this book. It makes a person realize, and be grateful for everything they have. If I would have grown up like McCourt, and I don't think I would have survived. It is truly a heartbreaking story, but McCourt lightens it up with his humor, and makes the book delightful to read.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.