Reader reviews and comments on Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

A Memoir

by Frank McCourt

Sep 1996, 360 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 88 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

K. Combs (01/09/11)

Poverty through the eyes of a child
Our book club read this book last year. I fell it love with this book. Frank McCourt's description of his life via his eyes as a child were so real, sad and yet humorous all at the same time. And yet to still be aware it was all true. I laughed so hard at time it brought me to tears. There are only a handful of books I will never be without, and I am very proud to say, this is one. McCourt give a very vivid description of what life was like, for the wee lads, during this period of history. It left me craving for more.
E.G.BAHADIR (03/12/09)

im my opinion it is the best
It is one of the wonderful books I have read. In this book everything is perfect -subject,reality and others. I can't explain more because I only know a little English. THANK YOU MR McCOURT
novice (10/27/07)

angela's ashes
Sorry to say that I did not feel like masses who read the book. I really don't know why the Poverty or Crack or any such thing always gets so popular-- is it the weakness of human mind which becomes kind of sympathetic for these values? To me, It' s just a sad human being trying to draw your attention in a very stomach churning way & if that qualifies for Prizes.. I quit.
Holly (07/17/06)

Angela's Ashes
This book is highly recommended, after reading this book...it made me realize that there is a reason for everything. This book makes me a better person.
Sly McGillacutty (07/13/06)

Book Therapy
Oh - please. And I thought Teacher Man was whiney. What a sour puss! What a lowly whiner. For god's sake man - you had a bad childhood - but this book seems like it was blurted out during therapy. Got tired of the driveling and complaining 30 pages in. Reminded me of my morbid aunt who relishes to tell us who's died and how bad they had it before ducking under.

Hopefully you've made a buck or two and now can afford an egg. I read the last few chapters stinking drunk on Guinness and Canadian Club as a tribute to Frankie’s father! “Oh – I promise to die for Ireland.” Wah wah.

I'm going to bury this disaster in my backyard. I don't want anyone finding it and ending up killing themselves. I'm an Irishman and I'll fight any man who tells me different!!!
siobhan (11/22/04)

it is a great novel that gives a clear perspective on Frank's life and makes you really feel for him
Rachel (11/21/04)

fantastic up and down emotions. pulling at your heart strings laughing crying and simply delightful!
Morgan Evans (11/11/04)

Hi! My name is Morgan Evans and i am 14 years old. I have seen this book on shelves and i have just passed it on by which was a mistake. When i began my freshman year in highschool i had to pick a person or a biography to study. This was a 500 point grade and when finding that the person of my choice was already taken i decided to read the book. The beginning was kind of slow but when i got into the book it was touching and it made me feel very thankful for what i have. This book was great!

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P