Reader reviews and comments on A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

A Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Hosseini

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini X
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

May 2007, 384 pages
    Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

Ceid O'Hara (11/07/10)

A Thousand Splendid Poos...
This book, in my opinion, was an utter disgrace to the Afghani society. Women there have been treated fairly for the past 1000 years.

As I am a pure blooded, traditional Afghani male, I believe in the good intentions of Allah, and his demi gods. Stuff you all.
R. B (12/29/09)

a Thousand Splendid Suns
Excellent!! Thumbs up!! Love the author's writing style.
Can't wait for the next book!!
Karlene (09/03/09)

A thousand splendid suns
I couldn't put it down. A truly powerful and emotional story. It gave me a new appreciation of the plight of women in third world countries.
Y.Abbasi (02/04/09)

SPEECHLESS
It was un-put-downable. It's a realistic point of view of what life can be and what you make of it. Its the ultimate story of sacrifice, love and tyranny. Hosseini has outdone some of the best writers of the 21st century in a way that can't be described - it's ineffable. Every character is palpable and leaves a deep imprint on your heart and soul. A beautiful tale. Just read it.
somegirl (07/20/08)

Wow... a must read!!!
A Thousand Splendid Suns was a gorgeous book. It's a must read. the beginning is really slow but once you get to chapter three its starts getting better.
Maureen (02/13/08)

A Thousand Spendid Suns
Not much either makes me cry or keeps me up late. This book did both. I couldn't wait to finish it. A must book to read.
Linda (12/27/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
I loved both the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I could feel this story more deeply because of the female connection. As Laila is driving in the taxi and says that everywhere she sees death & grief yet these people somehow find the strength to endure. How Mariam & Laila endured. The beautiful love of their relationship. The strength of these women.....
Donna (12/17/07)

This is the book of the year
Hi, when I picked this book up I was not sure what to think, would it be too sad, too much to handle? It turned out to be the best book I have ever read and I have read thousands of books. I cried, I laughed, I cheered and fell in love with each character (except Rasheed) I read this in two days, not being able to put it down. Staying up till 2 a.m just to feed the addiction I had to this book. Then when I woke up I started to read it again. I could not stop and when it was done and over I read it again. This book will leave you in tears, smiles, and a good feeling at the end.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi
by Neel Patel

Patel's stories offer a bold and timely new literary voice.

M T G Before I S