Reader reviews and comments on The New Policeman, plus links to write your own review.

The New Policeman

by Kate Thompson

The New Policeman

Jan 2007, 448 pages
    Apr 2008, 416 pages

There is 1 reader review for The New Policeman

Velma (08/02/07)

Time and Magic
I just finished The New Policeman and it really proved how valuable Bookbrowse is to me. I would probably never have come across this charming and magical book without Davina since it isn't offered in the local bookstore and I have seen no other reviews on it.
It is an enchanting story of how and where time from our world has disappeared. If you can I would recommend that you check out the Recorded Books audio version since in addition to the entire unabridged text it features an Irish narrator and music of the Irish flute and fiddle at the beginning of every chapter. I loved it! Truly atmospheric and a real treat for the entire family. I know because I am well past the "kid" stage chronologically but it was still wonderful.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review