Reader reviews and comments on Nineteen Minutes, plus links to write your own review.

by Jodi Picoult

Mar 2007, 464 pages
    Feb 2008, 464 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Nineteen Minutes

Chicago Review (11/13/08)

Nineteen Minutes Review
A heart warming story where a quiet boy ends up a murderer. Jodi Piccoult has a good plot, but fails to grab the reader. The characters are not as well analyzed as her other books, and though a splendid story teller, Jodi could have made this book much more put together than she did.
Diane (10/25/08)

Nineteen Minutes
I cannot say how much I loved this book. It was great and shows in actual fact how real life can be for children. I work in a school and things you see daily are sometimes overwhelming. It shows how children can be affected in real life and it makes you look at your family in a different way. People need to remember ALWAYS say I love you before you leave your children you never know what life does bring. I am not a reader but in 2 months I have read 2 of her books and heading out to get another tomorrow.
Kristen (10/14/08)

Book Browse
This is a very well written story. I could not stop reading it to tend to my own family! I was moved emotionally. Jodi Picoult has a way of writing, that causes you to literally see what is happening! I enjoyed it, it really made me think as a parent and as a person, about how what we do or don't do and how what we say or don't say really does have an impact on those all around us.
Lynn (07/16/08)

Great read
While Jodi Picoult always picks interesting subjects, I rarely love her books. However, this was a really good read that I enjoyed very much. Jodi's strength is in character development and dialog. She does an especially good job of describing teen angst. I felt like I was there as it was unfolding. It was fascinating and suspenseful. I highly recommend this book.
V Rasnick (04/25/08)

Awesome
This is by far one of the best books I have ever read. I couldn't put it down. I work in a high school and could identify characters in the book as students at my work place. I think this is a must read for English classes. Everyone could learn lessons from this book.
Sonya (04/21/08)

Think About It
When reading this book I found myself thinking back to every time I've ever been mean to anyone and how it possibly affected them. I think it's all incredibly thought-provoking and life-like. The scary part is that this kind of thing HAS happened before and it's likely to happen again considering the poor moral quality of society. I think that reading this, anyone will walk away a changed and more conscientious person.
Kristi (03/02/08)

Don't waste my time
As usual, Jodi Picoult does not waste time developing her characters, preferring to make most main characters only children of deceased parents. A major plot problem that I could not get past was that the judge for the trial that ensues after this high school shooting is the mother of a student whose boyfriend was killed in the shooting. Furthermore, the mother used to be best friends with the shooter's mother. Come on! That would never EVER happen in the judicial system. I find Picoult's work to be average at best and filled with discrepancies and poor editing.
kirsten (02/19/08)

nineteen minutes
Nineteen Minutes was another GREAT book by Jodi Picoult. Everything feels so real and lifelike in her books and you feel like you are experiencing what the characters are.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history

The Big Holiday Wordplay: