Reader reviews and comments on Nineteen Minutes, plus links to write your own review.

by Jodi Picoult

Mar 2007, 464 pages
    Feb 2008, 464 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Nineteen Minutes

Eric L. (05/06/10)

a must read for parents of pre teens _teenagers
I am the parent of a 23 year old and a 3 and 6 year old children. My personal high school years were rather fun as I was kind of like Ferris Bueler. But after reading this book it gave me perspective to those that did not have it as fortunate as myself. The book made me realize I must truly listen to what my younger children are going through as they continue to grow. In closing I highly recommend this book not only to parents but anyone who enjoys gifted writing.
Fdub (02/05/10)

Not so good
This is such a confusing book always referring back and forth in time . The book was about a school shooting and that's all I wanted to do when I read it.... I do not recommend a huge gossip story turned into a murder plot.
Callie (01/12/10)

Nineteen Minutes
I loved this book it is amazing. I really learned a lot from it. And once I started it I found it very hard to put it down
A Aujla (01/11/10)

Awesome READ!!
This book has given me sleepless nights and readaholic mornings. I finished this book in like 3 days, and believe me I DO have a life.

I recommend this read to anyone who likes mystery....and....suspense...
Emily Viscuso (09/03/09)

Viscuso's 19 Minutes Review
Jodi Picoult’s 19 Minutes takes place in the small town of Sterling, New Hampshire. It starts off in its High School where the Peter Houghton’s shooting spree took place, along with the murder of ten students. The book alternates by chapter from the year 2007 to any point in the past. The narrative style in this book is in 3rd person, the author follows lots of different characters to give the reader a better understanding or explanation of the way a character may respond to something or those actions that take place. This style gives the reader a larger spectrum of characters.Over all I believe that this is a very well-written and thought out book. This author is very inspiring and brilliant. I would most definitely suggest this book to any one.
JT (06/01/09)

Impressed with another book i thought i wouldn't like!
Sometimes I find that I do not have a completely open mind when it comes to picking titles to read for a book. I first looked at the cover of this book and told myself that I would not read this, but, I did it anyway, and have never been as pleased with a book choice. From a very eye opening first chapter to a gripping plot line, I couldn't put this book down once I began reading. This characters were excellently crafted and devised by Picoult and i felt that they were real throughout the novel. I built connections with some characters and found it was a excellent read. This book can be a little too extreme for some people however. It is so powerful. Even though I did not shed a tear throughout the book, i have heard that this book can be a tear jerker, and I wouldn't doubt it. This book is quite dramatic and is not all audiences to read. Overall this was a great read and I recommend it to all of my friends and all of you!
Katie (04/14/09)

It was great!!! :
I really enjoyed reading this book. Jodi Picoult did an amazing job with Nineteen Minutes the characters were very described and it was definitely a page turner for me!
Brittany (04/05/09)

Didnt like the ending
I enjoyed reading this book. BUT I HATED THE ENDING!

• Book Jacket: Here I Am
    Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review