Reader reviews and comments on Eat, Pray, Love, plus links to write your own review.

Eat, Pray, Love

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Eat, Pray, Love

Sam (10/02/07)

Teeter-totter Travels
One woman's journey. And, maybe she should have had a travel guide!

This woman was remarkably mature and successful professionally, and amazingly adolescent emotionally. She couldn't reconcile success with a family commitment, but took forever to admit it. Then, after wobbling through a divorce, she had a typical rebound romance before deciding to start all over and take on life from a completely different angle.

Good writing, settings and dialogue save the book, but the main character is spoiled and self-serving to the end. It's easier to like to book than the protagonist. Not exactly sorry to have read it but not sure why I feel that way. Loved the cowboy!
Myrta (07/07/07)

Stereotypes
I must say that although all in all the book is not bad I found the part about Italy quite offensive.
Through the lines Italy comes across as a country of mad people who spend their time yelling in the streets and thinking of how to stuff dull Americans with delicious food...not to mention all the bits about Italian people being useless at languages, taxes, organisation, hard work, etc...
I guess the author should have known better before writing such rubbish. I am sure it wasn't Liz's intention to offend Italians but maybe before claiming that "anywhere in Italy this, anywhere in Italy that" she should have traveled to many more places than just Rome and Naples.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: