Reader reviews and comments on Night, plus links to write your own review.

Night

by Elie Wiesel

Night

Jan 2006, 144 pages
    Jan 2006, 144 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Night

Cieran (12/21/15)

Elie Wiesel
It was good. It talked about what happened to them, and it was sad.
kenzie ranger (02/08/15)

The Jewish-American
The Jewish-American, Elie Wiesel, made the biggest impact on me when I read "Night". His tone in the book let me visualize the story setting by setting. I will never know what it felt like to go through what any of those people in the holocaust went through but now I understand the tragedy.
Luc Dowell (06/02/14)

A book
Night was a book that made one of the biggest impacts on me. I have studied already about the holocaust, and I have read many stories about people telling their point of view on these horrors, but none of those stories have made me feel the same way that this book has made me feel. This book has really helped me understand thoroughly what happened.

I already knew all the facts of what happened from studying this subject in a class, but none of those facts that come from a textbook gave me a personal reflection of this dreadful moment, which is what this book "taught" me. The way Elie Wiesel wrote this book gave me a deep understanding of what happened during the Holocaust, and used very strong imagery to describe the pain and fear that he, and many others had to go through. It helped me understand the struggle Jewish people had to go through during that time period, and how they had to hide themselves in order to simply belong to the religion that they wanted to follow. Although this book was rather short, it really depicted the life of a prisoner getting deported to numerous concentration camps, struggling for survival. The events that happened throughout the book, such as the disappearance of his mother and sister, the killing of the babies, the death of his father, the branding or tattooing which made everyone feel like they belonged to someone else; all greatly affected Eliezer on both a physical and emotional level. Being able to read this story caused me to really understand the suffering Eliezer went through. I really liked this book, and I recommend it for anyone who is willing to explore what happened in these terrible camps.
Kendell Sutton (11/09/13)

Great read!
Great novel! I very much enjoyed the Novel night and the lessons it taught me. Elie Wiesel truly takes us into the concentration camps and shows us what cruel things man does to each other first hand. He does what he must to survive and he continues to stay in there even when things take a turn for the worst. I feel most everybody should be instructed to read this book and learn that we shouldn’t single any one group or person out because of their beliefs or culture. This genocide was bullying to an extreme level and we still have it on smaller scale today in modern day places. This book teaches all its readers to really treat others you want to be treated and all with mutual respect. I loved this book and it definitely goes to my top “reads”.
Landon Staats (11/04/13)

REview over NIGHT
I think Night was a great read, considering the fact that not many people have experienced what he experienced, and get to talk about it. He includes many details which makes the book even more interesting. His journey is entertaining to read about. he includes feelings in his work, that makes the reader feel sad or bad for him. He had to go through such hard conditions when he was so young. He saw so many die around him and he stayed persistent and did what he could to live. It shows how strong willed he is, and I think it was very inspiring to read about.
Camaro (08/09/11)

WOWWWWW!!!!!
Night is the BEST book i have ever read about the holocaust. Unlike most Holocaust book it is not a very emotional book in the tense that it makes you sad, but it does fill you with anger at the way humanity acts towards each other. The childish attempt to place the blame of Germanys failure resulted in the unjust punishment of an innocent people that is displayed clearly in this novel without the regular fog of emotions. Night is a stunning story of faith, cruelty, and love that tries to find a place in a world were the only way to survive is to rely only on ones self and not be burdened with family, friends, or common human compassion.
Bryant Alexander (12/28/10)

Challenge
I read Night and to me it summarizes a man who meant threw such pain and torture that there was never a light at the end of it. Elie single-handedly changed the way I saw the Holocaust. He brought forth the meaning of CHALLENGE....
TeXaS~CoWgIrL (11/02/10)

Absolutly the Greatest!
This book inspired me to enjoy life as it is because you never know when death will come knocking at your door. He was brave and tough as stone. This is by far the best book I have ever read. I hope one day my kids will read this and feel the same.

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko

Underground Airlines
    by Ben Winters

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place