Reader reviews and comments on Thirteen Moons, plus links to write your own review.

Thirteen Moons

by Charles Frazier

Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier

Oct 2006, 432 pages
    Jun 2007, 422 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Thirteen Moons

Roger Bass (11/17/06)

What Might Have Been
This novel by a great American writer could have been a classic. When I was about 50 pages from the end, I realized that it was not going to reach its full potential. And what potential! The book is worth the time because it is written by a gifted artist. It is a little disappointing because of what might have been.
Patricia C. Olson (10/13/06)

In like a Lion; Out like a Lamb
It is a surprising pleasure to find a work of art that brings to life the old words and actions whispered in spatterings of historical documents. The first section of 13 Moons is powerful enough to hook and entice you to slow your reading to savor each paragraph with new understanding of this period in history. Unfortunately, after that first ten-year lifespan recorded in the first part, the story loses its power and wanders into retelling stories of the Cherokee, reflecting and interjecting things that aren't right for the moment (author-interruptus), and dragging prose. I love the first part which came in like a lion, but I would love to see the second part edited to bring back the lion. That said, I would still buy this book for the first part - it's magical in the way it brings to life a painful time in American history.

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T's A S B Every M