Reader reviews and comments on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, plus links to write your own review.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Oct 2007, 240 pages

There are currently 72 reader reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Mohammad Albannawi (04/23/18)

Reader Review
It is always good to have a friend that you can trust. A true friend is a good listener and who you can share your thoughts and feeling without worrying whether they will judge you or tell other people about you. You should be able to trust your best friends, particularly when you are in need of someone the share your problems with. A true friend is someone you can confide in without fear of being judge or betrayed.

Bruno and Shmuel’s friendship is strange and genuine. Bruno confides in Shmuel, at first, because he is lonely and innocent. However, their friendship grows into something authentic which cross the boundaries of race, religion, and culture. Over the course of the novel there are times when the friendship is tested, threatened, and almost betrayed. Finally, Bruno and Shmuel remain true to their friendship.
Claire (03/03/18)

Good
Good book. Read it when I was nine. Don't really get why people claim that people under 13 won't understand it. Plus, it's not violent, so it's suitable for everyone above 8. The characters in the book are slightly too immature for their age though.
Chazer (06/08/17)

THe Best Book Ever!
I am 11 and I really enjoyed this book even though it's not in my age rating. I would recommend this book to people who like history and adventure (especially WW2.
Thanks John Boyne for writing this book!
coolest_of_them_all (10/22/14)

The best book i have read
This book is so good. I cried at the end and I was shell-shocked about what they had to go through. I'm so addicted to this book like I am to purple and chocolate!!!
Caitlin (05/14/14)

Tear Jerking and Heart Throbbing
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is a lovely book that gave me made me feel so many emotions at once. I loved this book because it explained everything exactly how a 9 year old would see it.
shayna (03/21/13)

The boy in the striped pajamas
This book was amazing I think that I would recommend this book to a person who likes to hear people's survival stories. I would say you would want to be a little older like 13 to understand this book. Sometimes there's some words and things that I didn't understand. Like they say don't judge a book by its cover I would of never thought of the book to be like that. When I think of the boy in the striped pajamas I think of a little kid book but it's nothing like that.
SashaLouLou (02/12/13)

The Boy In The striped Pyjamas
Well, the movie is just as good as the book, but the book puts it in sections and helps build more tension because if your like me I don't read a book in one night it will be finished with in about 2 weeks. So by reading the book it makes you want you want read on but you can also just wait for a bit and then you can come back to it :) but I enjoyed the book so much :)
rebecca (12/19/12)

Amazing
The book was great, and it was very touching. The book taught me to never hate someone that is different than you, you should always try to be friends.

Driving Miss Norma

by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E