Reader reviews and comments on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, plus links to write your own review.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

A Fable

by John Boyne

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Sep 2006, 224 pages
    Oct 2007, 240 pages

There are currently 69 reader reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

coolest_of_them_all (10/22/14)

The best book i have read
This book is so good. I cried at the end and I was shell-shocked about what they had to go through. I'm so addicted to this book like I am to purple and chocolate!!!
Caitlin (05/14/14)

Tear Jerking and Heart Throbbing
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is a lovely book that gave me made me feel so many emotions at once. I loved this book because it explained everything exactly how a 9 year old would see it.
shayna (03/21/13)

The boy in the striped pajamas
This book was amazing I think that I would recommend this book to a person who likes to hear people's survival stories. I would say you would want to be a little older like 13 to understand this book. Sometimes there's some words and things that I didn't understand. Like they say don't judge a book by its cover I would of never thought of the book to be like that. When I think of the boy in the striped pajamas I think of a little kid book but it's nothing like that.
SashaLouLou (02/12/13)

The Boy In The striped Pyjamas
Well, the movie is just as good as the book, but the book puts it in sections and helps build more tension because if your like me I don't read a book in one night it will be finished with in about 2 weeks. So by reading the book it makes you want you want read on but you can also just wait for a bit and then you can come back to it :) but I enjoyed the book so much :)
rebecca (12/19/12)

The book was great, and it was very touching. The book taught me to never hate someone that is different than you, you should always try to be friends.
skye (08/07/12)

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is such an educative book. This novel opened my eyes to history, it showed me just how innocent Jews were. Every young person should read this book!!!! I had to write a review on the novel and there was no critisism at all.
jessica (04/30/12)

the boy in the striped pajamas
This book is one of the best I've ever read. it touched my heart as I'm sure it did to many many more. :)
Ellie (04/15/12)

This book brought a tear to my eye, as I think this book can be emotional in places, I would recommend this book to people who like adventure stories...Keep reading !

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

by Paulette Jiles