MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, plus links to write your own review.

A Fable

by John Boyne

Sep 2006, 224 pages
    Oct 2007, 240 pages

There are currently 69 reader reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Selam (09/27/08)

The boy in the stirpeed pjs
I thought the book was wicked and when I started it I couldn't stop reading it
Katie (05/21/08)

The boy in striped pyjamas
I really enjoy it, even though we are doing it in English at the moment I am finding it quite interesting. I love the way it told by a 9 year old as all the details are only hinted at. It is a great book and although quite a few of the details need to be explained it is very easy to catch up with.
sharon gray (05/20/08)

boy in striped PJS
I enjoyed this book, once started I had to finish it.

Very daunting with lasting after effects.

I attend a book group and that was the last book we have read I'm curious to know what others from the group thought about it. will find out at the next meeting!
Must Read ! (03/26/08)

Very Good!
I found this book very good, It's moving, and helps you too understand what happened at the concentration camps in that time. It kept me up all night reading it, and once i started couldn't put it down. A definitely must read!
GPL (11/08/07)

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
This excellent book is offered as Young Adult. I found the compelling story to be a bit mature for true YA readers.
An amazing story, that kept me up all night reading. I had to finish the book once I started it. This book, along with The Book Thief (interestingly also considered a YA book), are the 2 books I have been insisting that all my reading friends invest their time in.
Alice wilkinson (10/30/07)

great read
Best world war 2 book after the silver sword! I am 10 and my mum got me the book for my birthday. Since then, most my mums' friends have read it. I think it is a great book.
Susan H. (10/26/07)

Everyone must read
This is a must read for everyone. I read it over last summer and had to pass it on with the understanding of the reader that I could not tell them anything about it. All those that read it are in awe. An awesome read.
Bonnie L. (10/21/07)

A must read!
This book is not be be missed...as it tells us about what we as a society haven't quite yet learned even after the horrific Nazi atrocities of WWII. This book should be compulsory reading for every high schooler.

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun