Reader reviews and comments on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, plus links to write your own review.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Oct 2007, 240 pages

There are currently 72 reader reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

middle schooler (05/17/10)

Book Fan
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a nail-biting experience anyone would enjoy. Everyone has heard from the perspectives of adults of this tragic period of time, but Boyne goes beyond that. He writes from the innocent and naive point of view of a nine-year-old boy, Bruno. It has plenty of foreshadowing that always leaves you guessing.

The rising action may be a long one, but it contains much detail. The climax is a tragic one, but do not let that stop you from reading this book. I highly recommend it for everyone!
Anna (04/25/10)

Good book, must read
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is interesting and at the same time informing. I like to read non fiction but when a fictional story is based on a historical event, then its a win win situation. Overall The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a very good book. If you are wanting to get informed on Holocaust I suggest this book. One thing that you will need though, is background information about the Holocaust, not too much information, just the basics.
Baybyboi (04/21/10)

Best
I think that this book is good because it gives an example of what the Jews went through in the time Hitler was in command.
m girl (04/21/10)

good
I loved the book so much I couldn't stop reading it!!!
the queen (03/21/10)

It is a good book
The book is good .
Anonymous (03/04/10)

My thoughts
I loved this book, and was so moved by it, I cried at the end. Anonymous, Age 14
Robzy 3 (03/04/10)

ABSOLUTELY PRAISEWORTHY!!
I absolutely loved this book, but I find it sad that some people can't understand that you have to be able to read between the lines to get the full appeal of this novel. The movie cannot do what Boyne did when he shows you the mind of the child. You must be very intuitive to read this novel, says me, at the age of 14, and I still got it!!!!
Fleur (02/15/10)

Moving
After reading the book 3 times I feel I have actually gone on Bruno's journey through his life at every moment. When he realises things or gets them wrong you feel like you would have made those decisions too and how oblivious you were at that age even when it was going on around you.
This book is fantastic and definitely worth reading. I would recommend this to anyone over the age of 11. But I would also recommend reading before you watch the film which is also good but to really feel the book and get the story you must read it and make your own view of it.
I chose this book for my common entrance relationships piece and it is really working well for me.

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya

A riveting story of dislocation, survival, and the power of stories to break or save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes