Reader reviews and comments on Gossamer, plus links to write your own review.

by Lois Lowry

Apr 2006, 144 pages
    Jan 2008, 160 pages

There are currently 21 reader reviews for Gossamer

Alondra (09/12/07)

This book is one of the best books I have ever read,and I'm only 11,and what does an11 year old really know about books at this age. I really recomend you read this book.
Stephanie (07/17/07)

I thought that the book was a little confusing in the beginning because I started to think that the main characters were animals. But then when I read further into the book, I finally realized the characters were humans. over all, I thought that the book was pretty good.
JG (05/07/07)

My 4th Grader and I Loved Gossamer!
My 4th grade daughter and I picked this up and just loved reading it together. It reminded me a bit of Lois Lowry's -The Giver in the sense that sometimes it got us thinking so far out, but it seemed, shorter and more manageable in subject matter than The Giver. You can't escape parts of the book's harshness that really got her (my daughter) thinking about how she might judge classmates that might act the same way as John. Her school has many potential "Johns" that maybe now, she can begin to understand. Excellent book!
Power Reviewer Melissa (04/06/07)

Dream a little dream
Now I know where dreams come from! A beautiful book for adults and children alike. Great to read to a child and discuss. The imagery was beautiful and touching.
Alicia (12/03/06)

This was a touching and AMAZING book! I LOVED it. It really sparks your imagination!

• Book Jacket: The Mothers
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson
  • Book Jacket: Mercury
    by Margot Livesey
    Margot Livesey explores the moneyed suburbs of Boston and creates a modern morality tale chronicling...

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.