Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time

by David O. Relin, Greg Mortenson

Mar 2006, 352 pages
    Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Dee (07/02/09)

Subtle as a Mack Truck
I can save you the agony of plodding through this badly written book; the book's messages can be easily summed up as follows: Fight the war on terrorism with books and by the way, Greg Mortenson is a hero. What could have been a truly inspiring story is told so badly that by the end of the book I found myself doubting the character of Mr. Mortenson. The author tells you repeatedly of Mr. Mortenson's humility, (by the way, he is also a hero) yet would a truly humble man allow such an obvious piece of self promotion to bear his name? Somehow I can't quite see Mother Theresa, Mr. Mortenson's self-professed hero, allowing her name on the cover of a similar book. In any event, a disappointment as the book, in the hands of a more skilled (or at least more subtle) writer, could have delivered an important message. Oh, and Greg Mortenson is a hero.
America First (07/01/09)

Why not here?
I enjoyed the book and I know everyone is clamoring to do so much for others in other countries. But where are the "heroes" for the US? Our schools are being torn apart by the "terrorists" among us: Gangs, gang killings, drop outs, special interests, acceptable low achievement, little enforcement of our drug and immigration laws, uneducated teens wandering around with no idea of what's next. Maybe the author can start a program to help us move forward.
Erica (04/20/09)

Great Book
This was a wonderful book with an even better message. Greg Mortenson is an inspiration to all to achieve your dreams and make them happen. This book was written to explain the mission of one man who was able to connect with a group of people that needed his help. He has dedicated his life to helping to educate children especially girls. He believes along with myself that educating girls can reduce terrorism and bring peace.
Power Reviewer dorothy (04/15/09)

The hope of education through a real page-turner!
I read only a few of the other comments, and although I did notice some writing problems, I was definitely not bored! I was glad to get another viewpoint on the Muslim culture and a clearer understanding of how the Taliban came about and who the members are, although I keep in mind that this viewpoint is also somewhat slanted.

The true importance of this book is the exposition of the need for education and educational facilities in this area and culture, and of the hope for the future it holds. This is true for all parts of the world. Greg Mortenson is to be commended for his determination in the face of all the sacrifices he has made and risks he has taken.

Read this one and see what I mean.
Valeriy (04/12/09)

Three Cups of Tea
Thrilling and filled will complications, the Three cups of tea shows that the only way to fight terrorism is through education.
Chinese freak:) (04/09/09)

Greg mortenson by chinese point of view
ME MO SPEAK ENGLISH. I tried to read book for first time, and was extremely overwhelmed. Greg Mortenson inspired me, saying that I should never give up. Now I have courage and hope to do so many things. Although I thought that he should of described it better, and not describe his greedy daughter :)
Trudy Wardrop (02/23/09)

Three Cups of Tea
Unquestionably the most remarkable true story I've ever read. It is a "must "read for anyone interested in either adventure or peace. Perfect for a book club! Kudos to Greg Mortenson, who surely deserves the Nobel Peace Price for his untiring humanitarian work in some of the roughest terrain in the world.
mona (02/19/09)

Three cups of tea
I thought that we didn't have real heros in this wide world but Greg impressed me, and he is the true hero! He is my hero, I agree that if you read this book he will be your hero too. This is the best book and he is caring about all the people like the global community.

One Month Free Membership

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place