Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time

by David O. Relin, Greg Mortenson

Three Cups of Tea by David O. Relin, Greg Mortenson

Mar 2006, 352 pages
    Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

J PHILLIPS (10/06/09)

Interesting person but poorly written
I bought Three Cups of Tea on the advice of a friend and was surprised both by its popularity and the poor writing. Mortenson and his adventures are idealized by the author to the point of ridiculousness. The writing is extremely cliche, although the subject may be genuine.
CC (09/07/09)

If you fear Muslims, read this book.
So many people are really afraid of Muslims, afraid they're all terrorists, and afraid they'll soon be 'taking over' the world. This book shows Muslims are just PEOPLE, their children are just children, the parents just want the best for their children. I must get my book club to read this. It might make them realize we are all people of this one world, so we'd better work together for all, and that education is the weapon we need to fight terrorism.
Briana (09/02/09)

Inspiring
Three Cups of Tea really inspired me and I want to be just like Greg Mortenson someday. I want to be able to reach out and help people who are less fortunate than me. I think that Greg Mortenson is a true hero.
Wilson (08/17/09)

Book
I didn't like this book. I couldn't finish it. It was too descriptive and the authors kept getting sidetracked from the main purpose: Building the school!!!

I don't recommend reading it unless you have months to spend reading it; however, if you need something to help put you to sleep, 3 Cups of Tea is the book for you!
barbara (08/12/09)

read a better story
I am sure that Greg Mortenson is doing wonderful things in Pakistan, however the writer of his story does him no justice. I could hardly read the book because of it's disjointed writing and sappy descriptions. If you want a great read about another great adventurer, read "Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidderer...the story of Paul Farmer. Now there's a journalist that can write!
Alex K. (08/10/09)

Wonderful story of real life Heroism
Contrary to what some people might say, I thought this book was very well written. Easy to understand and hard to put down when started, I fail to understand why the people who have reviewed before me see this as badly written. I did notice Relin was diverted to give histories of people when he didn't need to, but in some places this suited the story very well. Overall I found this book an extraordinary read that both shocked and thrilled me, I would recommend this book to anyone, finding it as a good read to all ages.
Mirna Lopez Milazzo (07/30/09)

Three Cups of Tea
The best book I have read. El mejor libro
I recommend this book to be part of Summer reading for different levels in schools to show our children that we take everything for granted in America. To show how other kids in other countries are willing to learn without having all the materials/facilities that we have in the US. This book shows that we can conquer peace in the world by helping others. God Bless Mr.Mortenson and his family.
Doug S (07/09/09)

Three Hundred Thirty Two Wasted pages
This book is about a great story, but written by a journalist that did not turn it into a great story, but a waste of paper. From the moment I began reading this book, I knew it was going to be a book that I would not be able to forget soon enough. As a reader, I look at the story, and the way the story is told. The story is incredible, but the way it is told is very poor. The main author; David Oliver Relin, does not know how to write a book. Am I the greatest author? No, but I do know a good author when I read one. Relin wrote this as if he just needed to fill up space on a piece of paper. He did a good job of that. The book goes on and on about the same things. We understand it. He was cold and lost. We understand it. He found tremendous love and respect for the village that brought him in. What I don't understand is how this book is loved by so many.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

Y S M B, I'll S Y