Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time

by David O. Relin, Greg Mortenson

Three Cups of Tea

Mar 2006, 352 pages
    Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

MJM (04/06/10)

Good book but hard to read
I agree with the earlier reviewer that the first 1/2 was hard to read and you kept waiting for the story to start. Perhaps there was too much description of the area and too many foreign words which you can't remember anyhow. The second half was much better as things got started. All in all an inspiring book. I like that you saw his faults as well as greatness. Made it believable.
Ruby (02/19/10)

Must Read
Three cups of tea is like a bright light in the darkness. Me and my kids read this book is incredible. We really love this book a lot. We pay salute to Mr Greg Mortensen and his efforts which made him extra ordinary. He fulfills his promise with many obstacles and gave us a lesson to support a humanity . God bless him and his family and also pray to god to give us same courage and thoughts to follow his foot steps.
Must read!
Vangerl Dupigny (01/30/10)

Listen to the Wind
Three Cups of Tea challenges us to Listen to The Wind... which requires looking past what we first hear and even see.. listen past the noise of politics and rhetoric and listen to the wind where you will hear the heart of a people. People in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bronx, NY, Haiti, and even Newark without hope (education) become members of gangs like bloods, crips, latin kings, or the taliban. Little boys and girls without hope declare jihad on the world. Three Cups of Tea challenges us to see how an individual getting involved can wage a war against terrorism one day at a time, one dream at a time, one child at a time, one school at a time or just continuing to make one right move at a time. Three Cups of Tea forces forced to see how some ordinary people made an extraordinary difference. Greg Mortenson went past the noise and listened to the wind and made a difference.
Dayna (01/19/10)

Inspiring but poorly written
We only had one copy of this book for our high school so our social studies class had our teacher read it for us. It is a very inspiring book but it is poorly written it was hard for our class to concentrate on the story.
bianca (01/15/10)

a need for more
Three Cups of Tea is for the most part an inspirational novel that goes beyond Mr. Greg Mortenson as a person, but this book is in need of more. It put me to sleep in the beginning wondering when this book was going to have a climax.
Hope (01/05/10)

Together
I think this is a book that every American should read. Isn't this really why our men & women of America are putting their lives on the line? Not for revenge, but so peoples in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, you name it, will have a chance at a better future.

Greg Mortenson deals with whoever will help regardless of their station in life. They are working together for their children.
miss shaheen rizvi (11/22/09)

the candle of hope
Tree Cups of Tea the great book by a very great writer. His mind & heart as big as k2. All of us want to see this world to be more beautiful. Peaceful. The children have books in there hands not stone .Please give hope to our poor kids that they are the candles in the darkness.
Marissala (11/15/09)

Its Simply Amazing.
I'm 13 years old and my teacher handed me this book and told me to read and do a report on it. I looked at the cover, saw the title (which made no sense to me at all) and thought that the book would suck. About a week later I started reading it out of extreme boredom. It automatically caught my attention. I couldn't put it down. I read for about 3 hours before my desire to sleep overcame me. I woke up the next morning and read on my way to school. Three Cups of Tea is incredible! I used to think that one person could only make a small difference in this world, and that if you got a group of maybe 1 million people or so, you'll actually get somewhere. This book proved me wrong. Greg Mortenson has the courage and bravery to build schools in an area that is Anti-America. He is my hero. I'm trying to convince my dad, who is an avid reader, to buy this book, read it, and then give it to everyone he knows. Its jut that good! This is by far the best book I have ever read. I think the whole world could benefit from reading this book, and thanks to Greg Mortenson some people in the world will be able to read it. Go buy it! Go to the library! Borrow it from a friend! Just read it!

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P