Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Kelly (01/16/11)

Make this a must read
If you think you may only read one book this year, make it Three Cups of Tea, it's amazing, inspiring, eye opening and you might even learn a thing or two. Its one of those books you can't put down - buy it, borrow it, but definitely read it!
tom (12/25/10)

Why So Little Conservative Interest in "Three Cups of Tea"
I read Three Cups of Tea while on retreat a couple of years ago and was fascinated. Since then I've seen Mortenson interviewed a number of times including a terrific interview with Bill Moyer's on Moyer's Journal last winter.

In doing a quick web-search I discovered Mortenson has only been interviewed once on the FOX News channel and that was a four minute interview.

What is FOX News afraid of?
GVW (12/24/10)

I can't believe the negative reviews of this book. Forget the quality of the writing. This is the true story of how a guy who through losing his way in the Himalayas was cared for by the village and changed his life from somebody self centered to somebody who was truly focused on providing education for the people of Northern Pakistan. This he did, one school at a time without money to start with and in a truly dangerous part of the world. I found the whole book truly inspiring ,enjoyable and couldn't put it down. It is without a doubt one of the best non fiction books I have ever read.
Shujaat Ali (11/18/10)

Turth of Baltistan which is still hidden
Hi,hope every viewer is fine.................
Three Cups of Tea is really the most inspiring book for last three years and I am happy that this book title (Three Cups of Tea) is based on my mother language BALTI....
but for the kind information of all readers there is neither a Taliban nor a concept of Talibanization in Baltistan region (new province of Pakistan).All the people of baltistan are peace-loving and behave as a good hosts for the foreigners especially. They take care of the visitors and give memorable company, besides thinking about nation, religion and sectarianism...........
I think that all the foreigners who have visited Baltistan know well the feelings of Balti peoples..........."SHUJAAT ALI BALTISTANI"
Grant (11/14/10)

One of the worst
The storyline may be inspirational but the woeful, elementary prose makes this book very heavy going. Some of the most painful purple prose ever committed to print produces unintended humor or may be used as a low-cost sleeping pill.
review (11/08/10)

not to great
Yes, this book was deeply inspiring, but I felt it was extremely hard to get through. I found myself bored at the middle. I feel if it were not written by someone else, and it was Mortenson himself telling the story it would have been a lot more interesting.
elaine (10/10/10)

Three Cups of Tea, a political review
Relin has a gift in writing, this book was amazingly written, I would love to see Relin research & tackle the "madrassa" problem in the U.S. - a subject without Mortenson humanitarian feat, to see if he, Relin, can truly make a difference on his own. This is a very real concern to to my Muslim friends that are peace loving American!
Relin's narrow viewpoint in the end regarding Fox News was unfortunate; as a John F.Kennedy liberal, I, like many, are beginning to watch this media and have found that if I want to see honest intellectual debates of important issues by true advocates, Fox cable is the station I turn to. No more "spoon-feeding" of news for me, I have become a news junkie with regard to our small world. Thank you also David Petraus for Nation-building and dedicating his life to this most essential cause.
Amina (09/12/10)

Life Changing .
This book is extremely amazing . It tells the story of only one man , making a huge difference . I myself am a 14 year old Muslim girl from Algeria , and I live in America . People say that there are many poor & homeless people in America , but compared to Pakistan , Afghanistan , Iraq , etc . We're actually doing very well . Muslim countries are extremely low in economy & whatnot . We should try to help , not fight , Muslim countries . I hope this book helped show that Muslims are people , just like you .

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.