Reader reviews and comments on The Book Thief, plus links to write your own review.

The Book Thief

by Markus Zusak

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Mar 2006, 560 pages
    Sep 2007, 576 pages

There are currently 73 reader reviews for The Book Thief

Noelle (08/26/06)

So Perfect
I saw this book at the library. I am 15, so I was looking in the young adult section by the new books shelf. I saw this book and liked the cover so I took it home to read. On the way home, I read the inside cover. It seemed enjoyable so i began to read. After the first couple of pages I was confused with how the story was going. It is narrated by Death, and after a while you begin to feel for Death. The story went along nicely, I loved the characters of Rudy and Rosa. Then you meet Max, and the story begins to grow darker. From then on, it is no longer a story of a girl who steals books, during WWII, it is a story of prejuduce, survival, cruelty, friendship, loyalty, secrets, accordians, and a girl who steals books during WWII. [review edited to remove plot spoiler] If you are not afraid of crying in front of people, read this with your friends and loved ones. This was so perfect. I will read The Book Thief again and again. And you can bet, after 15 times, I will still cry.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic

by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F