Reader reviews and comments on Why Gender Matters, plus links to write your own review.

Why Gender Matters

What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences

by Leonard Sax

Feb 2005, 320 pages
    Feb 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Why Gender Matters

jkennedy (06/14/08)

Why Gender Matters
Leonard Sax makes an excellent case for why we should respect the biological differences between boys and girls and how we can approach teaching our children about life by using those differences. This should be required reading for all teachers as it might help significantly in classroom management. All too often we are quick to drug our children instead of getting creative about their environment (and it's really shocking how simple it is!). As parents and educators we need to embrace the individuality of our children and celebrate it - instead of ramming a one-size-fits-all methodology for teaching in our classrooms - then we will raise our children to be amazing people.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review