Reader reviews and comments on Intuition, plus links to write your own review.

Intuition

by Allegra Goodman

Intuition

Feb 2006, 352 pages
    Mar 2007, 448 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Intuition

oroboros (08/17/07)

Science
It's not so much that I liked the characters in this book or even that I cared about them, but that they were fascinating. I especially liked Jacob, the former child prodigy, who changed his focus from his own success to his wife's. Everyone just gives him up for 'normal,' but Goodman makes it clear that he is every bit the genius he used to be.

The other characters are all intricately crafted. Since intricately crafting characters takes time, the mystery and 'action' of the story is more subtle. The reader wants to find out what happens and reach the 'revealing climax,' that is so common in books, but that is not what makes the story enjoyable, and the climax is not a peak, but a little hill that you almost miss. The social interactions of the characters and the layers of history revealed for each character give the book it richness. But you need some patience to enjoy it.
Dorothy (06/19/06)

do not buy this book
I read the great reviews when I got the book and I do not know why people were raving about this book. This book was boring, plain and simple. I actually was not interested in finishing it because I did not care about these characters.

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P