MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Marley & Me, plus links to write your own review.

by John Grogan

Oct 2005, 304 pages
    Mar 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Marley & Me

maggie (01/29/07)

Marley and me
This book was terrific. It kept me interested until the very end. I laughed I cried (no I sobbed). This has earned a place in my heart for the best book ever written. it is now my favorite book.
Mari (01/06/07)

really excellent !
O LIVRO É ÓTIMO! EMOCIONANTE, ENGRAÇADO, IMPRESSIONANTE!
Madison Scott-Kerley (01/06/07)

Marley and Me
This book was AMAZING! I mean I laughed, I cried, all around it was definitely the most amazing book I've ever read!
Jennie (01/03/07)

A Teens View
The second I picked up this book I knew I had to read it. I read a lot and for me to just pick up a book and just walk right to the cashier is really amazing. Jogn Grogan really shows his passion for his dog and his memories are expressed deeply(this really caught my attention). The way John describes the times he spent with Marley is powerful. I thought this book was great and I would read it again any day!!!!! =]
Carly (10/15/06)

a spectaular book, couldnt put it down.
Honestly my favorite book. I went through the same things the Grogans did. i would recommend this book to anyone it is amzing.

A must read that is for sure.
Michael Gish (10/05/06)

Marley and Me...and
Easy to be a voyeur of the heart in reading this book of the dog life of Marley...Maudlin as "Kirkus Reviews" suggests...still this book is a reminder of the kinder side of humanity...I'm convinced "Kirkus" must've been a cat in his/her other life...You don't have to own a dog to appreciate the joy of experiencing life with one...dogs are the most "Zen-like" of all species certainly more so than humans...dogs; live in the moment, have no hidden agenda, guilt or worry...forgive and love unconditionally...if we as humans were more dog like, sincere, honest and eternally loving...we wouldn't need attorneys or armies...territorial they may be...they just pee on the tree to proclaim ownership not occupy, bomb or other destroy it in the name ownership...given the current political backdrop "dogs" would lend credibility and honesty to our Government compared to any of the fodder being offered by the Democratic or Republican party all of whom misrepresent the benefits of Lobotomies...read Marley..you'll be the better for it!.....this book will bruise your heart but in a feel-good way!
Judy B (08/06/06)

Marley & Me
I just finished this book. I grew up with dogs and cats and although I love both, only have 2 cats now. I actually laughted out loud at several places in the book and cried wholeheartely as well. My 18 lb cat waddled into my lap during the crying part, telling me it would all be ok. What a great story. John Grogan is a wonderful writer and I only have one question for him, did they rescue "Lucky" ?
Sharon (07/03/06)

Great book
I picked up the book and could not put it down. Any dog or aminal lover will enjoy this book. I tells the real story of living with a dog and the love that will form. It teaches that love is unconditional, you'll laugh and cry. My daughter, 24, also read this book from cover to cover and she is not a reader. Marley sounds like he was an entertaining dog. I would recommend this book highly

• Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T