Reader reviews and comments on Marley & Me, plus links to write your own review.

Marley & Me

by John Grogan

Marley & Me

Oct 2005, 304 pages
    Mar 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Marley & Me

Garta (04/07/09)

I read this book and it's just perfect.The idea of the story is very clever!!!
CEO of fajet book inc (03/23/09)

Excellence in heart touching story
This book and the movie as well, was astonishing, I cried at the end and fell in love with Marley forever. Never has a story been so touching that it can reach out to everyone in the family. The story of Marley was truly an inspiration, to me and everyone who works here at Fajet Book Inc. By the way, a propos to your summary, I couldn't of written it better.
Olivia- Animal lover (03/15/09)

A light-hearted true story that will make you laugh and cry out loud. If you don't read this book you are missing out on a great written novel. Anyone who has had animals in their life will understand that the unexpected will happen and Marley will prove this is true. I think I might name my next dog Marley after this unbelievable book so i can always remember it. Thank-you John Grogan you are an awesome writer.
Deborah Bitzer (01/27/09)

Till Your Hearts Content
Being an animal lover since childhood and raised with dog, cats, rabbits and the tiny creatures like gerbils, I found the reading exceptionally easy and flowing and got through the book in two days. Strangely enough, everything is very well mapped out emotionally to our heart strings and the intellect,, the family, the antics of Marley, the reactions of family members to it all. It takes a lot of great talent to weave a story like this without sounding maudlin, or reminding us too hard of yet another Lassie Come Home drama. Anyone who has had animals in their home can relate to the fact that the unexpected is going to happen, worrying is part of the game, and then wondering what to do about it can be trying at best. We love our animals to a fault and know that they can't talk it out with us as to why things happen. It definitely is a good feel book,light-hearted yet totally upfront and true. We thank John Grogan for this wonderful masterpiece
Kayla (01/04/09)

Marley and Me
The book was really cute. I can relate really well because i have a Black Lab and she is very funny and bad, but if we didn't have her my life would be meaningless. She gets in the trash, opens cupboards, and gets bowls out of the sink. I think was really sad at the end because I could never imagine being in that position with my dog. I also seen the movie. That was really adorable.
Nicole (12/28/08)

best book in the world
This is the best book ever written. The entire time I was reading it I was laughing out loud, and at the end I was crying. I would sit up late reading it, sometimes for a good laugh after a hard day, and sometimes while I just needed time to think and remember some of the greatest memories in my life time. Thank you John Grogan for writing such a terrific novel.
Three WestieBabies (12/18/08)

Marley and Me
As a dog lover I have a natural affinity for books about dogs but this book moved me in such a way, if I see someone with a copy of it, normally shy, I will walk right up to them and begin discussing it with them. And I've never been rebuffed. I laughed so hard, I cried even harder. It really is one fabulous book.
stephiethecutie (12/08/08)

Great Book
This book was one of the funniest books I have ever read. It is amazing to think that the cute thing you snuggle with every night can do the kind of stuff that Marley did - jumping out of the car window on the interstate, tearing apart the couch - how did that dog think of those things?

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.