Reader reviews and comments on Marley & Me, plus links to write your own review.

by John Grogan

Oct 2005, 304 pages
    Mar 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Marley & Me

Amanda Ros (02/27/10)

Marley book reveiw
It was a good book. And many descriptions . If it was a writing assessment it be a 6
AmberIce3 (12/16/09)

Marley & Me
I thought is was an excellent book. Even though the end was a little sad, I think it was perfectly written. I recommend this book because I thought it was amazing.
A reader (10/08/09)

Marley and Me
This book is very touching. Many people can totally relate to this. So touching it made me cry! Good Job! You should definitely read this book.
Meredith (09/30/09)

Marley and Me
Marley and Me really expresses one's love for a dog, and how much they love you. From beginning to middle, you feel as if tears wear not possible to be shed due to laughter. But at the end of this movie, you might never laugh again. This movie was beautifully done, and should be in every dog lover's top ten.
Jessica (09/16/09)

Best book i ever read
This book enlightened my eyes to a whole new part of reading. It is the best book I have ever read, it made me laugh, cry and made me a little angry. That's what a true book should do, it should take you through a journey. It touched my heart and I hope it will touch yours.
Genesis12 (05/10/09)

You gotta have one to know one
I kept nodding my head as I read the book. You have to own a yellow lab from the country to be able to relate I kept nodding my head saying yep, that is my Genesis. I know that had anyone else had got my Genesis from the beginning they would not have stuck it out. Through all the chewing, jumping on guests, destroying the yard, she is my baby girl. She is now 10 years old but she enjoys our walks in the morning and ball fetchin' in the evening. Thank you for a book that touched my heart. I have not read the end yet, but I am preparing myself for what is to come. I have a few more years!
P. (04/22/09)

Unbelievably Corny
Wow. I can't believe the reviews this book has gotten. I picked it up a couple of nights ago and keep thinking it's going to get better, but every chapter is cornier and more predictable than the last. The author's clear appreciation for what he considers clever in himself doesn't help, either. At one point, I literally looked at the front cover again because I thought that maybe I had mistakenly bought a 'young adult novel', but sadly, it's not. Unless there's some odd twist at the end, this book is downright cliché and juvenile.
K (04/17/09)

Amazing book
I first saw the movie of Marley & Me. That lead me to read the book. Through out the book, I laughed and cried. Marley & Me was able to relate to small aspects of my life and I think it will do that with most of its readers. This book was honest and well written. I never wanted to put it down.

One Month Free Membership