Reader reviews and comments on The Book of Ruth, plus links to write your own review.

by Jane Hamilton

Jun 1988, 328 pages
    Dec 1989, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Book of Ruth

Carolyn (11/10/08)

The Book of Ruth
Ms. Hamilton creates a believable narrator in Ruth; Ruth breaks our hearts and teaches us about her life in north central Illinois during the 1970's. The location can be seen as a character as well.

I used this novel in an Illinois Literature class at the local community college. Most of them really were moved by the story and the writing. This novel generated more discussion than almost any other piece of literature I assigned.

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P